Jaguar

Jaguar Repair Problems? Ask a Jaguar Repairs Expert.

Jaguar

I have a problem with my Jag that you helped me with last

Customer Question
Hi Richard, I have a...
Hi Richard, I have a problem with my Jag that you helped me with last year. The car was in the shop had the battery shut off. Now when the car battery gets turned back on the system goes through a checking process or something like that and it takes some
time to get everything back to where it needs to be on the car's computer system. The smog checking place I use told me that a number of points have been checked and passed on the smog test, however there is a few or one ( not sure exactly) that hasn't yet
passed. He told me it could take a while .. but he said to drive the car at 50 mph for 10 min, stop the car , then drive again for 50 mph. that's as detailed he was with me.. the other mechanic said i just need to drive it and that should get it working. I
went to another Smog Checking place and the bot***** *****ne is that I can't get a smog check clearance. Do you think you can help me with my problem?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Jaguar
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/11/2015
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 2 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

I should be able to help but I will really need to know what monitors are not passed/ready.

It's my grandson's car. I will have to find out and get back to you.

OK no problem. Just reply back when you can.

Please see the attached smog test results and let me know what you suggest. The mechanic said he can not gives us a clean bill of health because he can't read the results. We've driven it for hours and they still can't read the results they need.

Hard to read but I don't see which ones actually failed.

The ones that failed are TAC, EGR and AP/P.The ones that were ok are PVC, EVP, CAT, SPK, C/I, OXY, WRG, VAC, and OTH.

Your vehicle is not fitted with EGR so it cannot fail for that. I assume this was the visual part if the inspection.

What about the TAC and AP/P failures?How do we get them to register?Does the law require that we have EGR?Any suggestions on how to get a smog approval for the car?Thanks for the support.

I am looking into this. I do not live in CA so I will research this.

Thank you Richard.I appreciate your efforts.Alex

You are very welcome.

Hi Richard, Did I miss your reply? I have not heard from you since 11/12 and still do not know how to solve my problem. Please advise. Thanks. Alex

From my research it looks like that is a visual part of the inspection but since the vehicle is not fitted with those emissions parts since it does need them your vehicle should be getting the OBD II test which checks to make sure all the monitors are set to ready.

Richard, Jaguar Technician