Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

O I have a 2004 Jaguar x-Type, 3.0 and it overheated and now

Customer Question

helloo
I have a 2004 Jaguar x-Type, 3.0 and it overheated and now it won't start. It makes a clinging sound but it doesn't turn on. the machine is giving me a P0118 code. I spoke to some mechanics and they said it might be the camshaft sensor. The told me its not the head gasket because when we try to turn it on the chain rotates something like that and and where the oil is there is no water. The battery is less than a year old and it won't start even by putting another battery. They also changed the crankshaft sensor and nothing. This was the first time it overheated. Thanks
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Kevin have the garage carried out any other diagnostics ?