sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

I have the same problem i'm reading about warning lights

Customer Question

i have the same problem i'm reading about warning lights keep flashing of and on airbag light stays on odometer reads airbag-----now checking all direct battery connections through the firewalls which are bolts and rubber grommets i have checked almost everything at this point what was your fix---it could be one of many as there are several ways this can happen
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you're seeing multiple warning lights coming on at the same time it could be a loss of power or ground to multiple modules but I would first suspect a communication issue. The modules all communicate over a wired network, if communication between the instrument cluster and a module is lost then that respective warning light will come on.

Do you know what fault codes are setting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
obvious answer---loking for something more Jaguar specific----there are several direct battery connections with bolts through the firewall on na Jag ---no fault codes---after 15 min driving the warning light all flash and airbag reads on the odometer the srs light stays on. turn the car off and start---all is reset and then it starts the same cycle again. Ground leads to all airbag modules? feedback from an arching coil---could be several things----if you have never solved this on a jag---you are guessing with two certified Jaguar mechanics---need a specific answer---a fix----it has to be something simple---no other explanation

If warning lights are coming on it's because fault codes are setting.

The problem is definitely not going to be something simple and will take in person electric testing at the time it's acting up to determine what is going on.

Is communication possible with modules that warning lights are coming on for, at the time the problem is happening?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if you read the thread I was referring to ---my condition is the same ----all warning lights flash at once----then they all flash more frequently---all at once--like the key is shut of and on quickly---then the odometer reads AIRBAG---and the SRS light stays on solid----if I shut the car off and restart all is clear---momentarily then it starts again---WE ARE CHECKING IT WITH SCAN TOOLS AND A VOLTMETER EVERYWHERE__2 Certified ASE JAGUAR MECHANICS---ANY NEW IDEAS?????? Please read the previous thread and answer

I don't have a way of knowing what you read before posting the question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here is the thread http://my.justanswer.com/question/guest/9fac2c1ad4b04024ab86553d1e5d77b0

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I figured it out my self---common sense mechanic---check the car running in the dark and look for sparks---it was a coil pack--overthinking again ---computers have no place in the car---computers make mistakes and are prone to degradation over a period of time and weather

Let me know if you need any more help.