Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as an Automotive tech
7276279

My 94 xj6 started right up last night then right when i was

Customer Question

My 94 xj6 started right up last night then right when i was about to take off it died. Now it wont even turn over and when i try all the lights go off and some of the driving lights wont even turn on. The battery is good, distributor, plugs and wires are
fine. What else would cause it to die and not start again?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you are loosing your light when you try and start the engine then the first thing you need to do is to make sure the battery is fully charged and able to hold a load as well as making sure both cables are clean and tight. Check this for me and post back with the results and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I left the battery on charge all night, everything clean and tight, still nothing
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Are you sure the battery test okay, what is the voltage reading at the battery as well as the under hood fuses?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As far as i know there are no fuses under hood just relays and i dont know how to check those. Also i noticed the cig lighter quit working but all fuses are fine. Voltage reads a steady 12.5
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Okay will if the light go out while trying to crank the engine and your sure the battery and the connections to it are okay then you need to trace the source of the loss of power, are you sure there is not a fuse panel on the right side of the engine compartment and if so have you checked all your fuses.