gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW Technician, VW FastTrack, VW Academy, VW Certified
12249065

I saw your other post on Jaguar. I have a 2005 Jaguar Vanden

Customer Question

Richard,
I saw your other post on Jaguar. I have a 2005 Jaguar Vanden Plas. I took it to Autozone to get a ECM scan and the scan read "System too lean, bank 1. P0171". I am about to call a Jag Dealer in Palatine, IL. To make an appointment. If I can't get in until tomorrow, is there any problem driving it until then, The problem started last night. The car feels to be driving fine, Thank you,
Kerry.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

The only time you really need to worry is if your check engine light is flashing- that would indicate an active misfire, dumping unburned fuel into the exhaust and causing damage to the (expensive) catalytic converters.

With this fault, it's more likely you have an intake air leak, a broken vacuum line or similar can cause this.