Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I have a 2006 x-type Jaguar that quietly stops while

Customer Question
running. Any ideas. Diagnostics says...
I have a 2006 x-type Jaguar that quietly stops while running. Any ideas. Diagnostics says nothing wrong. Runs perfectly for 2 weeks than cuts off while dring. Has happened 3 times.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Jaguar
10/31/2015
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 2 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Does this usually occur after driving for a while like cruising on the highway? Does the engine completely stall? If so does it restart right away?

Thid has happened 3 times driving in town for less than 15 minutes. After 30 minutes the Jag starts again. The engine completely sralls: no sound , no sputtering.
Hel
Help

Ok so right after it stalls does the engine crank hut not start or not even crank?

Are you hoing to
I was saying are yoi going to answer me please
The engine cranks but will not start intil about 30 minutes
Anything ??

Ok thanks. Based on your description I suspect we have a problem with the fuel pump. I have run into this a few times. The pump cuts out causing the engine to stall without warning then will cause the engine to crank but not start. They also will not leave fault codes behind if the vehicle is scanned for fault codes. The fuel pump is inside the tank which will need to be removed to replace it. We also should check the battery and cable connections to make sure all are clean and secure.

Have you ever heard of a air filter causing thi issue ?? Thank you.

No I don't think the air filter is the problem. It can cause issues if it was clogged solid but usually the engine light would.come on before this would happen.

Why did the fuel pump stop and start ? Was it going to eventually stop working??

Usually it it temperature related and yes eventually it will fail completely.