Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Went to start mty 2009 Xk convertible today, it will not

Customer Question

went to start mty 2009 Xk convertible today, it will not turn over. It could not detect electronic key also. I charged the battery and then it detected the key, but would not turn over. I had this problem 3 years ago, new battery resolved it then. I bought a new battery this morning, had it tested, and installed it. No change, lights come on, car will not turn over. What is the problem?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

When you press the start switch with your foot off the brake what warnings are on? Also you should see a press brake warning. Depress the brake and see if that warning goes out. Also will the shifter release from park with the ignition on and foot on the brake?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Forget it, I found the issue myself. It was the battery.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
since I replaced the battery with the top up and the rear windows down (incomplete top up procedure) the top will go up and down, but it will not activate the side or rear windows. Is there a realignment procedure to correct this?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Start the engine and close both doors. Lower both front windows and press and hold the window switches down for about two seconds. Then raise both front windows and hold them in the up direction for two seconds. Cycle the top and it should reset.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
again, I had found the procedure in my maintenance manual and reset the windows before you answered me. Thanks for your time, I'm sure I will need assistance in the future. I expected
quicker responses, and I always try to resolve my issue while waiting on an answer. Unfortunately, I was faster at finding the answer than you were this time.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok let me know if you need anything else.