Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

Please. I have just purchased an Jaguar S type I dont drive

Customer Question

please Richard.
I have just purchased an Jaguar S type I dont drive it a lot just weekends.Ive had is for two months now, Ive notice a gurgling sound at the top of my dashboard and the the low engine coolant light is on, I tried topping up the expansion vessel but the light is still on
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Kevin the floats inside the expansion bottle that give the level reading are quite common to fill up with coolant and sink causing the light to come on a new expansion bottle will cure this . The gargling will be down to the coolant having air in system . Was level low?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

You need to have system pressure tested for leaks this takes about ten minutes and will show of system is holding pressure and highlight leaks the reservoirs are also very common to crack . But this is the cause of noise is the coolant having been low causing air in system