Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Was replacing headliner in '05 Vanden Plas and after taking…

was replacing headliner in '05...
was replacing headliner in '05 Vanden Plas and after taking the headliner out I went to move the car which it did start and when I put it in reverse it took a few seconds to engage. After reversing I put it in drive and it never went into drive. I put the car in park and shut it off to start it again and it would not start at all. key fob still locks and unlocks the doors but will not start the car. any idea what is happening here?
9/21/2015
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 7 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Hello and thanks for using justanswer.com

Turn the ignition ON and look at the shifter. Make sure the P is illuminated red. If not then we most likely have loose shifter cable bolts. Jack up the driver side of your vehicle and locate the shifter cable where it attaches to the transmission. There should be two 8mm bolts securing the cable. They may be loose or even have fallen out. Let me know.

Lets also check the battery to make sure it is not low.

Richard, Jaguar Technician