Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I locked my key in the trunk how do I get it open?

Customer Question

Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using justanswer.com

Will the vehicle unlock when you are inside it and moving the lock knob on the inside handle?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can get into the pass.compartment.no problem.The button to release the trunk will not operat without the key in ing.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

The button on the trunk lid should work as long as the vehicle is unlocked and awake. If not then we will need to remove the rear seat cushion then unbolt the bottom of the seat back. Swing them up to see if we can retrieve the keys. To remove the rear seat cushion there is a white retainer with a black lever that needs to be moved in each corner.