Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I have a 2006 Jaguar S Type months now and the front

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Jaguar S Type for 6 months now and the front passenger door lock did not unlock with other three locks from inserting key in driver door to unlock when I got it. Figuring I needed to replace the door lock actuator but had not yet ,then two months ago all locks lock when I get going in car but then immediately unlock. Is it because not having replaced the front passenger lock actuator? Is there a way to reset the locking system?Can a door lock actuator from a Lincoln LS be used on this S Type?
Thank you,
Penny
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Yes the faulty passenger door latch will cause this. The vehicle will lock but if it does not see all the doors lock it will unlock them. Replacing the passenger front latch assbly should resolve the problem. The Lincoln part number does not cross over to the Jag.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does replacing the passenger door latch include the lock regulator too or are they different parts? Is it all one?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What does a lock actuator do on this car, is it the motor to the lock since they are electric ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

The latch assembly cones with the lock motor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Richard
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome.