peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I removed the brake module Unhooked the battery about a

Customer Question

I removed the brake module for repair Unhooked the battery about a month .replaced the brake brake module bled the brakes . hooked up the battery. The car will not respond to start motor. the dash information spells out just about all the functions that there is.
not .working. It will not even turn over. Before I sent in the abs module to be repaired Every function worked. I have unhooked the battery and fully charged hooked it back up. Nothing works now.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect to see if any fuses had shorted out possibly due to a voltage surge/spike at all when the battery was disconnected and reconnected.I have seen in some cases before where a fuse will short out with an issue like this here and the affected fuse(s) need replaced to correct this fault.If these have all already been checked and no issues found this may be an issue with the vehicle theft system and a dealer may need to reprogram/relearn the theft system to correct this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I should have checked my phone earlier I just asked the same question today because I did not get an answer on th computer from yesterday all the fues have been ckecked out they are ok starter will work when power is applied to selinoid fuse .Is there a way to unlock trans and power the spark distribution

Unfortunately I do now know of a way myself to unblock or unhook transmission to trick the computer into operating spark.The fault will have to be located and repaired to correct this issue here.

Thanks Pete