Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I just purchased a 2013 JaguarXJL supercharged and

Customer Question

I just purchased a 2013 JaguarXJL supercharged and everything is in perfect condition. Today both key fobs will not work to start engine or lock doors or open trunk. Is there a button I accidentally pushed? I can start car using the auxiliary pack located by the drivers left dashboard but key fobs will still not function.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using justanswer.com

I do not think there is anything you accidentally pushed. It is possible that the batteries may be weak in both remotes although that is unlikely. There is a seperate module that controls the keyless entry and start which may need to be replaced. It also can be the receiver for the system. Either will be covered under warrantyo you will need to visit your local Jag dealer.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Sometimes disconnecting the vehicle battery can reset the system but I would rather see it repaired as the reset is usually only temporary. Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your prompt reply. I will take this to the dealership as soon as I can. I will let you know what the results are.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok sounds good.