Jaguar

Jaguar Repair Problems? Ask a Jaguar Repairs Expert.

Jaguar

I have a 2004 jaguar X type with a starting problem. It

Customer Question
cranks fine when cold. If...
I have a 2004 jaguar X type with a starting problem. It cranks fine when cold. If I drive a short distance and shut the car off it will not start right away. Light works,radio works car will not turn over. After it sits for about an hour it will crank.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Jaguar
8/21/2015
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 2 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
Sounds like we may have a problem with the starter. Usually it will not crank after driving as the starter motor gets hot. We also should check the battery and cable connections to make sure they are clean and secure. Let me know.
Richard, Jaguar Technician