Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I have a 2006 Jaguar XJR with a sunroof and I am taking the

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Jaguar XJR with a sunroof and I am taking the headliner out to recover it but I can't seem to find where the wiring harness unplugs in the rear part by the seatbelt bolts
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
There are actually two connectors. One is located in the passenger rear d post area. It is a 16 way blue connector and a 8 way black connector in the driver side upper A post.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I only have taped up wire.. no plugs are evident. are the plugs under the headliner or buried deeper in the trunk? My wires go down both rear door posts and there is a white plastic holder that routes them past the seat belt bolts in the rear pillars. Plugs usually stand out to me.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
they are behind the pillars. Let me see if I can locate a diagram.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Here are some photos of the rear pillars…. no plugs in sight.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Here is a picture of the body style and VIN if that helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have felt the wire from the headliner all the way back to a hole that goes towards the trunk and there is no bulky plug evident or any hard spot where the wire doesn't flex. … its just the rear pillars …. The front pillars were evident,
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I do remember it being pretty far down so let me see if I can get a diagram.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Click on the link.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bmresbcefxqdivr/2006%20XJ%20headliner.pdf?dl=0