Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I have a 98 xjr supercharged. It's in valet mode. The

Customer Question

I have a 98 xjr supercharged. It's in valet mode. The battery in the key fob is dead. How do I get the car out of valet mode?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
All you need to do is use the black master key and open the trunk using the trunk lock in the emblem on the passenger side. Once opened turn the ignition ON and it should be out of valet. Make sure the trunk lights come on and the cluster shows trunk or boot open.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to open the trunk with the black key the trunk will not unlock
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok if the trunk cylinder will not turn then try using a graphite lubricant and jiggle the key side to side to see if we can get it to free up. Opening the trunk is the only way to disengage valet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None of the suggestions worked
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok you may need to get a locksmith or dealer to get into the trunk. Sometimes we may be able to program a new remote even when in valet as there is a manual procedure to program the remote.
We can also try getting in through the outside of the trunk. Remove the rear license plate and the plate anchors on the bottom. Then with a bent coat hanger we can try to go through the bottom hole and move the latch.