Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

My jag xj8 has no power to the start wire going to the

Customer Question

My jag xj8 has no power to the start wire going to the starter solenoid. have tested the relay can jump it over there. it turns over but now the engine won't start. nothin works through the ign switch, lights come on, fuel pumps working, relays seem to be fine, help
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
have no codes because the battery was disconnected
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
Sounds like we may have a security system problem. We need to perform a quick test. First make sure the battery is fully charged and the key will lock and unlock the vehicle when used in the driver door. Then lower the driver window and lock the vehicle using the key in the driver door. Reach through the open window and pull the lock rod up. The alarm should go off. Put the key in the ignition and turn it on and the alarm should stop. If it does not stop the key is not being read. To turn off the alarm lock and unlock it again from the driver door. Let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Alarm did not go off after pulling up lock rod through the window. also there is a round light on ( center console by shifter ) . I'm going to try to pull a code with my scanner. let u know.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok then we may have a problem with the body processor module. Please double check fuse #5 and #7 in the driver side heel board fuse box located behind the carpet cover in between the rear seat and floor.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did check #5 and #7 fuse, tested good. How ever I did pull to codes 1642 and 1111. Hope this helps.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
The P1642 may be related since it is a CAN fault. Unfortunately since we can only read codes from the ECM with most OBD II scan tools our diagnosis is limited. Will the shifter release from park with the ignition on and foot on the brake?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
OK it looks like we either have a problem with the body processor module or security locking module. I recommend we check the connections to both to make sure they are clean and secure. The body processor module is located behind the glove box and the security module is located under the trunk fuse box.