peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I've consulted with you in the past and have received a fair

Customer Question

Richard, Good afternoon. I've consulted with you in the past and have received a fair amount direction on a variety of issues. Anyway, I'm currently working on rebuilding the entire rear suspension on my 2000 Jaguar S-Type. I have sourced out the parts and the shop ready to do the labor. Currently, it is about a $4M job. Anyway, with regard to the most expense parts the rear lower control arms for about $.5M a piece, I'm getting ambiguous information regarding the approach of buying the part or merely buying the bushings and replacing them. If the whole part need to be replaced why do I see rear bushing for sales at various cites. If at all possible can't we just press out the old replace with the new ? If not why not ? Thanks.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Most common is to replace the entire arm and this is how it should be done.If you can get just the bushings this is an option as well but isn't recommended as I have seen to where once the old is pressed out and new pressed in they may slip or squeak over time and lead to having to replace the entire arm then.I have done cheaper repairs like this before and usually ended up with some issues after so it is best to replace the whole assembly.
Thanks Pete