Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

I am driving along and suddenly it says. DSC SYSTEM

Customer Question

Hello, I am driving along and suddenly it says. DSC SYSTEM FAULT.....HOOD NOT LATCHED ENGINE SYSTEM FAULT, RESTRICTED PERFORMANCE
WHAT CAN I DO ?
DAVID
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 2 years ago.

Hello there. Welcome to our site.

What model Jaguar are you working on? If it is a convertible, chances are one of the messages refers to your top (what the English call "hood") not being latched properly. The easiest way to get rid of the issue is by stopping the vehicle, turning the engine off and then cycling the convertible top up and down.

For the DSC and Restricted Performance messages, I'm going to need that vehicle model information.

Best Regards.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
2003 XK8

Thank you for that information.

When the system detects a problem with the Dynamic Stability Control (aka traction control), it disables it and puts the engine in Restricted Performance mode. Since there are multiple components that can cause this condition, the system needs to be diagnosed with a capable scan tool, such as the IDS VCM available at Jaguar shops.

Best Regards.