Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Just had my 2001 s series jag transmission and cable

Customer Question

Hi Richard. Just had my 2001 s series jag transmission and cable replaced. Picked up the car from Ford in Friday. Today I can't get my key out of the ignition.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
Most likely the cable may not have been adjusted properly causing the shifter not to engage park all the way. There is a second cable that connects on the side of the shifter going to the ignition lock cylinder housing. This is why the key cannot be turned all the way. Try seeing if the shifter can be moved a little further into park. To check the cable we will need to remove the top of the console then side out the air duct as the interlock cable is on that side of the shifter. This is not as difficult as it sounds. Pull up the parking brake handle and unbutton the leather cover. Pull up on the corners of the console using a plastic wedge tool then disconnect the switches and cigar lighter. You will then see the shifter cable with two threaded nuts on them and the ignition interlock cable on the other side.