Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar x type: i have a 2002 x type and when i parked it it

Customer Question

i have a 2002 x type and when i parked it it was fine when i went to start it their is no power to anthing.bno lights etc there is an intermittent chirp around th radio
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
When you turn the ignition to the on position but don't start it does anything power up?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All i here is chirping near radio
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No disply
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok I know you stated you charged the battery and checked the connections but I really think we have a battery problem. It could also be the ignition switch. The battery may have a bad cell and not able to accept the charge. we can remove the battery and bring it to your local parts store who should be able to charge and test the battery. Let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a charger on it and it shows fine
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
What does it say for voltage? Does it show amperage? Do you have a digital multimeter?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
8Amps and even with charger on it i get no power to display or anything
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok that is very low which makes sense as to why it is not starting. I recommend we remove the battery and have it charged and tested at your local parts store.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Wouldnt at least give me dash lights while on the charger.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It really depends on the battery but 8 amps is pretty low. It definitely could be another electrical problem but I am still not ready to rule out the battery.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok ill test battery
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok sounds good.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Bayyery is good. I dropped car of at repair shop
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok it very well could be a power or ground connection or possibly the ignition switch. Keep me posted so I can further assist you and confirm the shops diagnosis and cost estimate.