Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar S-Type: I just bought a 2007 S-type, and the dash says

Customer Question

I just bought a 2007 S-type, and the dash says cruise not available. I took it to Ford, because it looks like a Ford part. They could not fix the problem. Any ideas?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
Is that the only warning that comes on? Does the engine light also come on? Does the warning come on after starting?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is the only warning that shows. No engine light, or anything else.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok we may have a problem with the cruise switch or deactivation switch on the brake pedal. Lets make sure both switches are properly secured to the brake pedal bracket. If so then the next step would be to have the vehicle scanned for the stored fault codes. A Jag factory tool will be needed to do this but we can try a generic OBD II scan tool available at your local parts store to see if we can read any codes. We also need to check the battery as low voltage can cause this. Let me know.