Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Jaguar Vanden Plas: I replaced the fuel filter on my 1994 Jag…

Customer Question
I replaced the fuel filter...
I replaced the fuel filter on my 1994 Jag VDNP and now the car will not keep running under any load. It acts like a Vapor Lock. Any help?
Thanks, Tom
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Jaguar
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Prior to replacing the filter the Jag was very hard to start when cold . When it would start it had to warm up in order to start easy.
Answered in 7 days by:
7/23/2015
Jaguar Mechanic: Mike, Diagnostic Technician for 30 years replied 3 years ago
Mike, Diagnostic Technician for 30 years
Hello and Welcome - My name s MIKE - Im happy to help...sorry to see you have had a wait.Given the car has stood so long, you could well have grub in the tank and in the lines - I would suggest that to start with - remove the filter again - and clean the lines back through with an air line... Then check the tank- remove the fuel gauge sender unit off the tank so that you can inspect inside the tank -for grub etc.. and to inc checking the pick up for the fuel as well...I would then suggest to clean the tank through regardless of what you see - as you cant see it all - wash with new fuel - and wash the lines through too.. Fit another new filter - check to be sure its sealing corrrectly - as that can be an issue too... with doing all the above, Im sure you will cure this.Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~>>~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE.