Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I had my 1999 XK8 'stored' indoors a year with

Customer Question

Hi. I had my 1999 XK8 'stored' indoors for over a year with the battery still connected. Now even with a jump start the car will turn over but not start. Would the dead battery have triggered something to keep it from firing and starting? If the battery is dead, would that be the problem? Thanks.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
It very well could be low voltage so we should make sure the battery is fully charged. We then should try holding your foot and rapidly pump the gas pedal while cranking. It also can be the fuel so we should also try spraying some carb cleaner into the air intake tube while an assistant cranks the engine to see if it starts and runs on the spray. Let me know.