Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Jaguar 1984 X j. 6: What is the problem when fuel is in the…

Customer Question
What is the problem when...
What is the problem when fuel is in the rail or pipe that feeds the six rubber hoses that are full of gas and the engine will not start but will start when starting fluid is used
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Jaguar
Answered in 1 day by:
6/30/2015
Jaguar Mechanic: Mike, Diagnostic Technician for 30 years replied 3 years ago
Mike, Diagnostic Technician for 30 years
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise you with this.
With the issue you are describing, you may have fuel there in the pipes, but you may have a problem of no fuel pressure.. ie, its there as it will be - if the fuel pump has failed..or you have a restriction / clogged / trapped / kinked line, you will have no pressure. The injectors need pressure to work / start the engine..
The engine is starting on Easy Start / start fluid - that proves your ignition side of things is all ok - and proves a lack of fuel supply / pressure.
So you need to be investigating that side of things now to find out exactly why to get this sorted.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
Meantime -- Please do click on the "Exc rating" for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.