Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Jaguar x type: My x type won't start. Flashing code shows me…

Customer Question
My x type won't start...
My x type won't start. Flashing code shows me code 23.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Jaguar
6/23/2015
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 3 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
I assume the engine will not crank? Any warning lights or messages on? If an auto will the shifter release from park with the ignition on and foot on the brake?

Engine not crank, manual gearbox , blink code 23.

Ok this means the ECM key id does not match the cluster. Could be a security programming issue with the cluster or power and ground issue. I recommend we first try locking then unlocking the vehicle using the key in the driver door lock cylinder to see if it resets. If not we have to have the immobilization setup done with the Jag factory tool. We also should make sure the inertia switch did not trip. It is located behind the right side lower kick panel. There should be a hole in the panel where you can put your finger through to reset it. Let me know.