Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

1991 Jag XJS Conv. typical jag stuff, car won't start in…

Customer Question
1991 Jag XJS Conv. typical...
1991 Jag XJS Conv. typical jag stuff, car won't start in Park position. You Have to pull the shift lever hard towards the steering column to get it to start. In cold weather even the shift lever wiggling doesn't work. Someone suggested the neutral safety
switch is bad. I understand the neutral switch is really expensive. Is there a way to work around this problem?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Jaguar
6/22/2015
Jaguar Mechanic: Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Sorry but I don't know of any work around a bad neutral safety switch. I'll opt out and let other experts chime in. Please don't reply until another expert responds or the system will revert the question back to me.
Best Regards.