Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I've locked my key in the boot. I've read that you can open…

Customer Question
I've locked my key in...
I've locked my key in the boot. I've read that you can open the boot by drilling 2 5mm holes behind the number plate but I'm not sure where to drill. I only have one key
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Jaguar
6/20/2015
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 3 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
What year and model Jag.
XTYPE 2004 Saloon. All doors are locked. On one of the forums they said a Jag Technician had drilled 2 5mm holes behind the number plate but that's all
Ok I would actually try getting inside the vehicle then jump the trunk latch. Use a plastic wedge type tool to try and pull the door slightly away from the body. Then take a strong wire hanger and bent it in a way that you can move the lock knob on the handle. Once inside Locate the GEM module which is a black module under the passenger side dash. It has 5 color coded connectors. Locate the 23 way green connector and disconnect it by un clipping and pulling the lock lever down. Jump battery power to pin 2 orange wire and the latch should activate.
Hi Richard, I got into the car using a coathanger and a looped wire. Tried what you suggested but it didn't work so I had to get a saw and cut through the parcel shelf. I then fished out the keys with the coathanger.
Thats strange as I have had great success jumping the latch that way. Glad we were able to get in the vehicle and retrieve the keys.