Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Jaguar XJ8 Vanden Plas: How do you remove rear seat back cushion…

Customer Question
How do you remove rear...
How do you remove rear seat back cushion ? jAGUAR xj8 2003 vANDEN pLAS
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Jaguar
6/6/2015
Jaguar Mechanic: Randy, Auto Specialist replied 3 years ago
Randy
Randy, Auto Specialist
Hi, my name is ***** ***** certified automotive professional with over 25 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this
Follow theses Steps please>
Remove battery cover and disconnect ground cable from battery terminal.
Then on the seat>
Slacken, remove and discard 1/4 turn fastener securing each heelboard trim panel and withdraw both panels for access.
Slacken and remove the seat cushion securing screws
Raise rear of cushion, disconnect heater element harness multiplugs (if fitted), and move cushion forward carefully feeding seat belt buckles past cushion cut-outs.
Remove seat cushion from vehicle.
INSTALLATION>
Holding outer seat belts clear, position cushion in vehicle with rear edge raised.
Position buckle assemblies and carefully feed them past cut-outs in cushion.
Heated seat only. Connect heater element harness multiplugs.
Fit and fully tighten cushion front securing screws.
Using new 1/4 turn fasteners, fit and secure heelboard trims.
Reposition seatbelts.
Connect ground cable to battery terminal and fit battery cover. Refer to BATTERY CONNECT .