peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Jaguar XJ8 L: richard here goes.... I have a2006 Jag xj8L

Customer Question

Hi richard here goes.... I have a2006 Jag xj8L and over the last month i havent been able to consisitently start the vehicle (probably 4 times in the last month.
had the car for 4 yrs and never had this prob before.... What haps is I turn the swith to on and every system fault or faliure code comes across the message center screen and the starter will not engae.... ive tried new batterey , checking grounds , checking fuses, prgramming fob everything i can find ..,..then i somehow get it to start and it works fine for a day or so with no messages and then reverts back to messages and no start condiution????
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
One common component I have seen act up/fail like this here in the past is the electronic ignition switch itself.if this switch has not been tested/checked this needs done.In some cases this can require a multi meter to test it as well as a scan tool to monitor the signals from it.
Thanks Pete