Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Jaguar X-Type: I am taking the thermostat housing But the fan…

Customer Question
I am taking the thermostat...
I am taking the thermostat housing But the fan is on the way
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Jaguar
6/1/2015
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 3 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
You can split the assembly into two parts as there is a retaining ring that I remove then remove the housing from the bottom. Follow the rubber house as it changes to plastic and you will see this retainer. Let me know.
I already split the housing but screw are too long and house hitting the fan motor can I remove screws holding the thermostat house or remove the motor fan
Yes. Use an inverted torx to remove the studs as that is easier then pulling the fan.
There are no torx studs holding the themostat housing it a 5 mm studs we are talking about a 2004 jaguar x-type
Ok some have an inverted torx end. If you have the small hex on the end of the stud put a socket on it and they should un thread.