How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask EricFromCT Your Own Question
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Category: Jaguar
Satisfied Customers: 4030
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
Type Your Jaguar Question Here...
EricFromCT is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The thing that to turn with the allen wrench broke. How

Customer Question

Hi, the thing that to turn with the allen wrench broke. How to change or repair? I have problem to close it manually now. Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 2 years ago.
Hi. What year, make and model is your Jaguar? Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Year 1997 model XK8 convertible
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. Can you describe the piece that broke? Do you mean for the convertible top?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes its for the convertible top to latch it manually using the allen wrench
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks. If the allen wrench hole is all stripped out the the header panel has to be removed then the manual latching assembly behind the header panel needs to be replaced. The roof console and visors need to be removed. Let me know if this is something you plan to do yourself or not. I do have access to workshop manual instructions. Thanks.