Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

The thing that to turn with the allen wrench broke. How

Customer Question
Hi, the thing that to...
Hi, the thing that to turn with the allen wrench broke. How to change or repair? I have problem to close it manually now. Thanks
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Jaguar
5/31/2015
Jaguar Mechanic: EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Hi. What year, make and model is your Jaguar? Thanks.
Year 1997 model XK8 convertible
Thank you. Can you describe the piece that broke? Do you mean for the convertible top?
Yes its for the convertible top to latch it manually using the allen wrench
Ok thanks. If the allen wrench hole is all stripped out the the header panel has to be removed then the manual latching assembly behind the header panel needs to be replaced. The roof console and visors need to be removed. Let me know if this is something you plan to do yourself or not. I do have access to workshop manual instructions. Thanks.