Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

2001 XJ8 how to reset the ECU or ECM (on board computer) and program a…

Customer Question
2001 XJ8 how to reset...
2001 XJ8 how to reset the ECU or ECM (on board computer) and program a new keyless remote, (note: I have a new replacement keyless remote just needs programing) and clear aP1000 code.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Jaguar
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions + Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/26/2015
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 3 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
A scan tool will be needed to clear the Engine Control Module memory. We can disconnect the negative battery terminal cable for 10 minutes which clears the keep alive memory for the throttle and fueling adaptions.
To program the remotes there is a manual procedure that works most of the time.
1: Insert key into ignition
2: Pull the headlamp stalk towards the steering wheel.
3: While holding the headlight stalk in the position above, turn the ignition to auxiliary.
4: With Ign in Aux, flash the headlights 5 times, an audible confirmation should be heard.
5: Press any button on the remote/s to be programmed.
6: After confirmation of the remotes programmed – switch off the ignition.
I'm not satisfied with your answer and will be requesting a refund
I have given the year the make and model and the answer provided does not apply to that vehicle.
Answer supplied is for a 2001 XJ 8. I will send a refund request for you.
Jaguar Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Jaguar Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Jaguar Mechanic
.sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.The Security System RF handset transmitters can only be programmed with the Jaguar Portable Diagnostic Unit (PDU).apprx 1 hour laborThere is NO Customer Input without Jaguar Portable Diagnostic Unit (PDU)..IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating..Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A..NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better..Rating is very Important to our Service..