Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar sj6: I have an 2007 SJ6 that is experiencing some kind

Customer Question

I have an 2007 SJ6 that is experiencing some kind of electrical problem . Every few start attempts the car goes electrically dead. Total power is cut, even to the clock. I can reset by touching a battery terminal. I hear a spark, then the trunk light goes on. I can then attempt another start. Soemtimes I need to repeat this process as many as 4 times. It is as if the security system is not recognizing the key and goes into protect made. Any suggestions?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
Sounds more like a power issue like the battery or cable problem. Make sure there is no corrosion or cracks on the battery terminal and cables. If it was a security issue the vehicle is most cases will still power up when you turn the ignition on. Also using the key blade in the driver door cylinder to unlock t will reset the security. Please double check the connections at and near the battery. Also look for a two wire white connector that is not plugged into anything and make sure it is not damaged.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The local Jaguar dealer had checked the battery system. Could there be a key issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There have been other suspicious issues ...gear box fault message, park brake error message,
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I don't think this is a key issue. Since all those warnings came on it can be a number of ECU issues. Diagnosing this without a Jag factory tool will be difficult. Next time the problem happens turn the ignition ON and see if anything powers up.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When this happens all power is cut. Lights, remote locks, truck button. I have found that touching a battery terminal grounds something and the trunk light goes back on. I then have a 50-50 chance that the car starts....otherwise the power is cut again.