Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

2003 jaguar s type: I have a 2003 jaguar. yesterday I tried…

Customer Question
I have a 2003 jaguar...
I have a 2003 jaguar. yesterday I tried to start it and I could not get the car to shift tp drive and the brake light was on please tell me what to do
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Jaguar
Do you know how od it will take y friend sail he will try to help mesorry
what happen to calling just jag and getting a answer. my husband use to use it
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Local Mechanic Recommendations. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.please answer my question .I have been waiting a long time
4/4/2015
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 7 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
Sorry for the delay.
So the engine started but you can not move the shifter out of park. Was the P illuminated red or blinking red on the shifter?
noit is blinking but not red
Ok does it stop blinking if you press the brake.
it wont go off but stop blinking
Ok then this is a problem with the interlock in the shifter which will need to be replaced. There is a manual release on the driver side of the shifter. Pop off the woodgrain surround and there is a lever that needs to be moved up to get the shifter out of park.
I cant get the woodgrain to pop off abs light is oninterlock is on
The woodgrain should just lift off.
ok we is tying we got it off
Ok once removed look on the driver side for the manual release lever and move the back of it up with a screwdriver.
I don't see a manual release what do it look like
It is a small lever out of the side of the shifter assembly. Shine a light there and you should see it. Even if you get it out of park the shifter will still moat likely need to be replaced.
we cant find it so I will get my son in law to see about it later we will call you on another day thankyou and may god bless you
Ok let me know.