Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Jaguar S type: 2002 Jaguar S type 3.0 v6 I parked uphill and…

2002 Jaguar S type 3.0...
2002 Jaguar S type 3.0 v6 I parked uphill and sat for about 5 minutes when i tried to put in reverse the i could not move the shifter i had to rock the car forward to put in reverse really quick every since then my car has been stalling and not accelerating properly sometimes engine revs but doesn't go anywhere what could this be? Help please
3/16/2015
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 7 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
Any fault lights or warnings on? When you mean stalling when does this happen? When the engine shuts off will it restart right away?
Check engine light is on but not giving any transmission codes the stalling happens when i put into drive it doesn't take off immediately and when i try to accelerate the engine just revs rpms go up to bout 3-4000 but id still be going about 5-10mph and the engine starts right away with no problemEver since i parked on the inclined driveway which made the shifter get stuck in park it has been happening none of this happened before!!
Ok do you know what the stored fault codes were.
P1388 P1385 P0430
Ok that's VVT and catalyst fault codes. I don't think this is related. Hopefully we do not have any internal transmission damage. We need to first check the transmission shifter linkage at the trans to make sure it is not loose or binding. Also try driving on the manual side of the shifter to see if the problem is still present. Let me know.
Okay gonna test it now and i only have code p0430 now i just checked codes again i guess i fixed the VVT Code when i found the connector to the solenoid was looseAnd how do i go by checking the linkage?
We will need to do this from underneath the vehicle where the cable connects to the transmission.
Okay ill check it out and get right back with you
Ok
Is the linkage on the passenger side or driver side?
Should be driver side
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Okay i was not able to get underneath my car to check the linkage i still think thats what the problem may be because i have lots of play in my shifter but while in drive the car has been shifting fine but on occasions it starts to do what i stated above this has only been happening since yesterday when I first parked on the incline id have to go to a shop for them to lift the car for meThanks btw