Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Hey I have the same issues I hit a very big pot hole and my…

Hey I have the same...
Hey I have the same issues I hit a very big pot hole and my 02 jaguar xtype 3.0 shut down won't restart check gear box and cruise control unavailable
12/28/2014
Jaguar Mechanic: Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 years ago
Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Due to the impact of hitting the pot hole its very possible you may have tripped the inertia switch (fuel shut off ) . Start with checking it by pressing the button on the top of it, the switch is located in driver side kick panel. If the switch is tripped it will not allow the fuel pump to engage and this results in a no start.

My car won't go in to gear the brakes are stiff and the power windows isn't working Does all this have something to do with the shut off switch or is it in limp mode

No, the only thing the inertia would do is keep it from starting. Was the switch tripped and does it start now?

No what happen was i hadba mechanic trynto start it by jumping the starter it was turning but wouldn't crank and the car was stuck in car no crank all the lights on the day on but no crank

It may be stuck in limp mode but if you suspect it is then a code scan needs to be done next. The breaks would normally be stiff if the engine is not running and limp mode would not keep the windows from working. The engine would have to be running to even determine if it was in limp mode.

No codes just gear box failure and cruise control unavailable It is also stuck in park

You never did tell me, does the engine now start?

I'm doing it now

Okay, let me know.

I'm here but can't locate the button I have an 02 jaguar xtype 3.0

It should be on the driver side kick panel, it may be easier to find if you pop the pane off, it should be at the top.

Can u send pic I'm here just wires and harness

Unfortuantely Jag dose not offer any pictures.

Can u explain where because I don't see it at all

Remove the kick panel and it should look like this HERE

It was on the passenger and thank you so much I really appreciate the support u are amazing I don't know how toothache you enough me car is running grEat

Your very welcome and thank you as well,

please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time and thank you again.
Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician

Hey was having some radio sound issues also right front head light can you help me again

Yes I can but unfortunately do to site policy new topic have o be addressed in a new question. Open a new question and we can help you.