Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Jaguar X Type: Question type: Maintenance & Repair my 2003…

Customer Question
Question type: Maintenance & Repair my...
Question type: Maintenance & Repair
my 2003 x type 2.5 litre suddenly pulls back when I am driving. Engine does not shutdown. when I press the accelerator car feels like it has a flat and car does not move. However, while engine light is flashing the car does not shut down. This occurs sporadically. Engine light is on all the time. Also battery light flashes intermittently when I am drivig. Have changed engine 02 censors catalytic converter clutchalternator and battery
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Jaguar
I Have received various readings/codes such as bank 2 misfire. Experienced the problem yesterday going to work on the Highway However, when it was later put on the computer in the evening there was only the code for 02 censor when the mechanic explained that he does not believe that that will cause the car to lose acceleration or drive like it has a flat tire...i.e. the engine performed roughly.
Hi Mark, received your email. How do I proceed to send the codes received.
Hi Mark, received your email. How do I proceed to send the codes received.,
You will have to get the codes read. Post the codes here and we may be able to assist you further. It may be a misfire that is causing the CEL to flash." Will this also address my battery light flashin sporadically while driving. The battery ii new
12/24/2014
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 7 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
Please post all the code numbers to your reply so I can review them.
Hi Richard, Thank you for your assistance.
Are you responding to the same question regaring incident CG141224104758. or am I being charged twice for the same question responded to by Mark where I was enquiring how to send the codes as Mark's response was received by email........
This is the only open Question that I can see on my end for your user.
codes are P1647 and P1000
Which oxygen sensor did you replace?
Was a new Jag part used?
I will confirm which oxygen sensor was used. Do not think it was purchased from Jag
Hi Richard recently had a diagnostic performrd. How can I send that as an attachment/get that information to you
You can upload it through the site or send it to an off site link like dropbox.com.
Hi Richard, please assist in uploding to the site. Not awater or not in possession of any link. Are you able to provivide
There should be a toolbar above the text box with a paper clip icon. You can then upload it right to the post. If not go to dropbox.com and upload it there. Then you can send me the link.