Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Jaguar XF Supercharged: Jaguar xf 2009 supercharger rpm inconsistently…

Customer Question
Jaguar xf 2009 supercharger rpm...
Jaguar xf 2009 supercharger rpm inconsistently or to low when stop the car. A tec clean map sensor and throttle work for one month fine but the same issue again.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Jaguar
11/22/2014
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 8 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

Are any fault warning lights or messages on? Does this happen when the engine is hot or cold?

Last time you fix my problem I expect the same result today. The car start little by little decrease the rpm when you put the car in parking. When you put the ac is worst after two days with this problem the engine light come on. This is the 3 time with the same issue nobody found the problem you clean the throttle a reset and work perfect after one month the problem come back.

Did you have the vehicle scanned for the stored fault codes?

check engine light come on is with the engine hot

Ok I wonder if we have a problem with the throttle. I have also seen issues with vacuum leaks causing this. Strange that it occurs when hot. I have also seen issues with the air filters. Since there are two if they are not made to the same spec it can cause issues. Jag now sells a matched set of air filters for this vehicle. Since the engine light is on we need to scan the vehicles for the stored fault code as this should help us in diagnosing the issue. A Jag factory tool will be needed to do this but we can try a generic CAN OBD II scan tool to see if we can read fault codes.

A jag dealer scan and diagnosis the two sensor in both filter not working normal they reset and car back to the normal.

Were the fault codes P0171 and P0174?

P0174

Ok that is bank 2 lean. Usually it is accompanied by bank 1. I see issues with vacuum leaks from the supercharger top side seals. We may have to replace the top seal and the side duct seals. I also recommend we check the oring on the oil dipstick, check the PCV valve on the passenger side valve cover and replace the air filters with the matched set from Jag. We also need to check all the vacuum lines and hoses. Once you replacement all disconnect the battery to reset the adaptions.

I have problem with this (vacumm plastic clip from booster house ) the clip that secured the pipe is broken but is impossible to find

brake booster pipe where it goes into the supercharger air inlet. Its common only on the 4.2 supercharged XF's so far. So common parts are now backordered and we're seeing about 4 cars a week. I have one in my stall waiting on parts right now. Its nothing more than a deteriorated rubber o ring inside the air inlet tube and very hard to replace the inlet

Yes I actually remove that fitting and use a transmission cooler line oring from your vehicle. Install the oring then the plastic lock fitting. I know it is difficult to access.

The plastic clip is broken maybe this is the problem? I use smoke to check air leaks but show normal.

Could be the problem under certain temps like when the engine gets hot and when it flexes. Unfortunately that retainer is not serviced separately so the complete bypass induction elbow will need to be replaced which is definitely not easy. The part is available but very expensive.