Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Jaguar X-Type: Hi, I have a problem with my 2002 jaguar x-type,

Hi, I have a problem...
Hi, I have a problem with my 2002 jaguar x-type, starts well and RPM are 500 and the brake pedal is perfect, I can accelerate in "P" position and RPM back to 500, when I put it in "R "or" D "and sped a bit the engine goes up to 1000 RPM and stays there, and the brake feels like the ABS is activated and becomes hard pedal, no codes to read, when I go to take a drive and brake feel the brake pedal hard I put it in "N" and stops really well.
8/7/2014
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 8 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
Does the engine run rough when the brake pedal is hard?

not, the brake booster is ok, the egine allways runs fine

Does this only happen at slow speeds. If you brake at higher speeds is the problem still there.

yes, only when you are in " D " or " R " if you are in " N " the brake are perfect, also when you stop and you are in " D " and shift to other gear the RPM go to 500 and you feel the brake go down a litle bit

Ok it sounds vacuum related. See if we can get an asset to have the engine running in gear while we listen for any type of air or hissing noises.

no vacuum leak, in parking you can acelered and the brakes are good is just if you go in " D " or R i know is not simple

How does it stop once you are moving?

if drive normaly and you stop, the brake fell hard, now if you drive and before brake you shift to N the brake is prefect, also i put new rotors and pads, a question, it is possible that the TPS sensor is giving me an error like this one.

I was thinking maybe the traction control is kicking in. I have seen issues with the rear abs sensor rings on the rear axles causing this. We should remove the sensors to see if the ring is rusted or cracked.

yea me too, but this sensormay affect the rpm ?

That is strange. Lets check for vacuum to the booster as well

i change the booster because the other one was broke this one is ok, is ok, i check what can i do thanks

Maybe the booster is defective. Look again at the vacuum line as there is a check valve in the line that can be the problem.
Richard, Jaguar Technician