Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Jaguar: I bought a 45,000 mileage XJS Jaguar from a friends…

I bought a 45,000 mileage...
I bought a 45,000 mileage XJS Jaguar from a friend's estate. When I looked at it the top
opened with a push of a button. A new battery was put in and now it will not open
automatically. I live in the country miles from help. All fuses have been checked. Help.
East Texas
8/5/2014
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 8 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
What year is your XJS?

'So sorry that I did not give the year...1996.

Ok first we need to make sure the parking brake is applied. Then release the two front hooks and press the top down button. Let me know

I have made sure the parking brake was applied,, released the hooks, and pressed the button down. I do have the manual for the car. Every-thing is original.

The top does not go down .

Do the rear quarter window lower

The rear quarter windows lowered when I saw the top automatically

lower but not when I lower the top manually.

The switch sends a signal to the top module which will lower the quarter windows then open the top. If you have a digital multimeter we can test the circuit. Let me know.
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Yes, I do have a digital multimeter. What do I need to test? Where?

ohms?

Ok I will post a test.

Richard,

I must have not pulled the hand brake into complete lock. After

further checking...the topo works. Thank you so much for your

helpl

Glad all is working.