Jaguar

Jaguar Repair Problems? Ask a Jaguar Repairs Expert.

Jaguar

Jaguar XKR: 2005 xkr cant find the cooling fan relay locat

2005 xkr cant find the...

2005 xkr cant find the cooling fan relay location

7/23/2013
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

The 2005 XK uses a cooling fan module which is the silver module with the harness connectors going to the fan. The module should be located on the fan. It really does not use any relays.

well there no power going down to the module, its as if the thing has a fuse or reley burned...jaguar sold me a 200.00 relay that said was for it but didn't know were it went....

There should be power on the thick brown/green wire which comes from the 80 amp fuse on the side of the engine fuse box just in front of the strut tower.
Richard, Jaguar Technician

a39210 that's the vin...somethings wrong no one can give the correct info on this car. its a 2005 xkr made in 2003....the wiring is all different . There was no 80 amp fuse, the fan does have a modeule on it, but theres no power going to it. when the wires fused the car went crazy.....then stopped I assumed it blew the fuse all fuses are good. DOES THIS MEAN THE I need to replace the fan Jaguar said its all 1 piece..

If you have no power on the thick black/green wire then it could be that fuse. Look at the engine fuse box and on the side of it towards the engine there should be a small cover as the 80 amp fuse should be there. I will run the VIN just in case.
Richard, Jaguar Technician