How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Category: Jaguar
Satisfied Customers: 15545
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
Type Your Jaguar Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Jaguar XJ8: Can someone help me name the spare part ..... I

This answer was rated:

Can someone help me name the spare part .....

I have a 2004 XJ8. Under the front grille, just under the location of the licence plate there is a narrow inlet. On either side there are two small lights. Right next to them is a grey-ish plastic cover about six inches and oval in shape. I think i dropped the one on the right going over a speed bump. I don't think it serves any real purpose except cosmetic. Can you name that part so I can replace it.

Should I replace it. Is there something more pleasing than this grey plastic.

Thanks for your help.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.comit is actually just cosmetic and it is the fog lamp cover or filler. You will need to get it from the dealer however they will both need to be changed as they are all flat black and not the glossy gray color.
Richard and other Jaguar Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

many thanks. will attempt to purchase shortly. e