Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar X Type: I have a 2002 X type 3.0 I have recently installed

I have a 2002 X type 3.0 I have recently installed a new cat converter. After clearing the codes I am not able to reset the last 2 monitors so I can get it inspected. I have driven the car 25 miles not using any brakes and keeping a steady speed then coming to a stop without using the brakes. I was told this would reset the monitors, but it did not.
Any advise?
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

Which monitors are currently not ready/set?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Supp heated Cat

Heated Oxygen sensor and Cat
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

5 monitors are complete.

2 are are Supp. heated Cat and Cont: Component

Ok Component will not set until the cat does. I will send over the specific cat monitor drive cycle.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Please send me the specific cat monitor drive cycle.

I will be giving you excellent service, Thanks

Start the engine and bring to normal operating temp above 180 degrees F. Drive the vehicle steadily between 1700-2500 rpm for 5 minutes. Repeat this twice.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Do I come to a full stop after the first 5 minutes and start over again?

After the drive allow some time to let the vehicle cool and repeat the same drive cycle.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'll give it a try and let you know, Thanks

Ok let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Your advise did not solve the problem. Is there anything else I can try?

Are there any fault codes stored. Did you use a Jag converter?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No Codes are stored. I have driven over 200 miles and no codes. I used a regular scanner.

Did you replace it with a new part from Jag?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes

Ok we need to keep driving it til a fault code is stored or it completes a drive cycle. We may have to take it to a shop or dealer that has a scan tool which can read pending codes.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have driven it over 300 miles and no trouble codes. However the monitors have not reset, and I cannot get the car inspected.

You may have to go to the dealer and have them use their scan tool to see if any pending codes are stored.