Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar X Type: Jaguar X Type battery warning light comes on

Jaguar X Type battery warning light comes on evening after installing a new battery, what else could be causing it.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

Was the alternator and charging system checked?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Not yet

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Not Yet

Ok I think we may have a problem with the charging system specifically the alternator and/or the battery cables. We need to have the charging sytem tested with a meter to see what ot is outputting.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks that is what I thought too

You are very welcome. These vehicles normally charge between 14.5-15 volts so if it is low and drops when you turn accessories on then I suspect a problem with the alternator.