Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Jaguar XL8L: 2005 Jaguar XL8L. The air suspension light came…

2005 Jaguar XL8L. The...
2005 Jaguar XL8L. The air suspension light came on although without a too low indicator but the car is so low in the front that I can barely fit my hand between the tire and fender. The issue seems to be in the front only. What are the likely causes?
1/24/2013
Jaguar Mechanic: Doc. Jaguar, Jaguar Technician replied 9 years ago
Doc. Jaguar
Doc. Jaguar, Jaguar Technician

Doc. Jaguar :

This is usually caused by a leaking air spring or faulty compressor. Make sure we have no leaks and check to make sure that there is no water or corrosion on the reservoir/valve block in the trunk under the spare tire. Also make sure the height sensor brackets or bracket (as some vehicles only have one) sensor in the front are not bent as this causes a lot of issues as well.

Doc. Jaguar :

The sensor brackets are very weak, a small bag in the road will bend them.

Doc. Jaguar
Doc. Jaguar, Jaguar Technician