Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Jaguar X-Type VDP Edition: JAGUAR 2005 VDP. Gear handle was…

JAGUAR 2005 VDP. Gear handle...
JAGUAR 2005 VDP. Gear handle was in P position and key removed. Then, on trying to start car again found that R light is on even though handle is in P and when key turned on will not start but backup lights go on? Never have had any problem such as this. What can we do? Dealer is closed assumedly till Monday. Stanley Shenkman
8/26/2012
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 10 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

Can I have the last six digits of your VIN?

You most likely have a shifter cable problem. We need to jack up your vehicle to check the cable as the 8mm bolts holding the cable to the case may be loose or have even fell out. This connection is on thew driver side in the middle of your vehicle.
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Obviously need a mechanic so will try to get one tomorrow morning if possible. Thanks, Stanley

Ok. Again it is a simple repair. Let me know.