Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Jaguar 2002: Hi Just bought a 2002 s type tonight. got it home…

Hi Just bought a 2002...
Hi Just bought a 2002 s type tonight. got it home to the drive slight slope upwards, put car into Park did NOT use handbrake....came back to car it starts fine now it wont come out of park....gutted! ive tried rocking it nope , no luck
.
if i jack the car up would this fix it?
thanks
thomas
8/13/2012
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 10 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

Yes we need to remove the weight off the park lock mechanism inside the transmission. If rocking it forward does not help the yes jack up the rear to see if the shifter will disengage. If not then we need to remove the cable off the shifter then go underneath and move the lever on the transmission.
thank you very much ive been shopping for weeks and to finally stretch and get this car i have this issue, I realise now always use the handbrake in future. in your experience does jacking it up work well or is it just a hopefull easy fix?
Depending on the slope of the incline jacking up may not work but in most cases it does.
Richard, Jaguar Technician
hi Richard it worked!!! two trolley jacks started her twice and she pulled out of park and now driving fine :-)