Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

2003 jaguar x-type: 2.5l..car wont read the throttle body.

Customer Question
Replaced the engine on 2003...
Replaced the engine on 2003 jaguar x-type 2.5l. Looks like the shop had put a 3.0 instead.
now car won't read the throttle body. Does the car have to be reprogram to read Throttle body? If so where in LA, CA would be a best place to take it to?
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Jaguar
5/17/2012
Jaguar Mechanic: Marty, European Car Expert replied 10 years ago
Marty
Marty, European Car Expert

eurotec :

Hi, if you are having problems initializing the throttle body you will most likely need to erase the fault codes and initialize the throttle body with a factory level Jaguar scan tool. Sometimes you can just turn the key on for 5 minutes without starting the car and that will initialize the throttle body. If that fails you will need to get the car connected to a Jaguar scan tool. I assume all connectors have already been double checked to be sure they were plugged in properly. Click here for the Bosch Car Service Center locater. Enter the vehicle make, zip code and search radius and you may be able to find a Jaguar specialist in your area that can perform the procedure. If that fails then your Jaguar dealer would be the best option.