Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

2003 X type: my ignition..my key..ignition assembly from a junk yard…

I recently had to change...
I recently had to change out my ignition assm. on My 2003 X type because my key got stuck in the ignition. I got and ignition assembly from a junk yard, the whole colum. I changed the assm. and the reciver ring around the ignition, went through the reprogram instructions got the chime with the key in and the chime when I hit the key fob. but when I try to start it the dash reads security fail (were am I going wrong)
5/4/2012
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 10 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

Unfortunately that procedure only works for the remote. Since you replaced the complete assembly and you have a new key that key will need to be programmed with a Jag factory tool or equivalent in order for it to start your vehicle.

even if i used the reciver ring that goes around the ignit. from the junkyard the key and the ring are a mached set.what else reads the transponder in the car

Yes that is correct however that key code is not recognized by the vehicles computer so it will not start.
Richard, Jaguar Technician